Contest gives Canadian youth chance to make difference
Announcing CCFC’s hunt for its first youth ambassador
By Samantha Sadaka, contest coordinator
Working with communities to provide children with brighter futures is what we do, so it makes sense to introduce Canadian youth to our global story. That’s how The Right Stuff contest was born.
We’re recruiting Grade 10 students in the Greater Toronto Area to advocate for their vulnerable peers around the world by competing to become Christian Children’s Fund of Canada’s (CCFC) first youth ambassador.
The winner of the Right Stuff Contest will help CCFC share its message while receiving more than they might expect in return. It’s a chance to:
Visit India – an experience of a lifetime
The youth ambassador will visit Thiruppair, India with CCFC staff and Rachel Bonnetta, FOX Sports’ host and volunteer. Together, they’ll complete the following simple, but life-changing tasks:
- help install toilets and water taps
- help clean up the community
- plant a local garden
- read stories and play with children
Build essential skills for their resumé
Through The Right Stuff Contest, participants will speak publicly on global issues affecting children in poverty and build other life skills.
- they’ll refine their video-editing chops, creating a 30-second video explaining why they should be CCFC’s youth ambassador
- they’ll gain experience in leadership, time-management, communication, digital media and more
Share a life-altering experience
The youth ambassador will learn about global issues affecting youth and tell others about their experience. They’ll share stories, photos and videos, explaining:
- the cultural differences and similarities between youth in Canada and India
- issues affecting the community of Thiruppair
Help thousands of children and youth
This can happen in more ways than one:
- the new ambassador will raise money to benefit the community they will visit in India
- after the trip, they may inspire others to make a difference, too
Create lasting positive change
The youth ambassador will have a great opportunity to raise their voice for positive change and give back through volunteering. They’ll:
- help create better living conditions for people in Thiruppair
- raise awareness about issues impacting vulnerable children around the world
- gain a greater understanding of themselves and the world around them
For more details, visit therightstuffcontest.ca or the related Facebook Group. And, stay tuned for more news as our first youth ambassador begins their journey with CCFC.
About Christian Children’s Fund of Canada:
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) is a child-centred international development organization and a member of ChildFund Alliance. For more than 55 years, CCFC has worked with children, communities, donors and other partners — changing lives through improved health, education and clean water. CCFC works in 12 countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, to support more than 700,000 children, youth and community members.