Keeping children safe
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada’s (CCFC) Child-protection Policy underscores our commitment to keep children safe from harm. Working together with our stakeholders, we can protect the children and youth we are entrusted to support.
Our commitment to safeguarding children is based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and drives the following principles in all of our work:
• we promote and protect the best interests of children at all times;
• we support children of all faiths, cultures and ethnicities;
• our programs provide a positive and safe environment where children can develop to their full potential;
• children are rights bearers and partners in community development, and we value their views to develop programs meant for them;
• we have zero tolerance of child abuse: our programs have mandatory reporting and investigation of suspected child abuse, and we work closely with appropriate local authorities; and
• strengthening child-protection systems in communities leads to sustainable community development.
We condemn all forms of child abuse, neglect, violence and exploitation and will be diligent in all we do to ensure no harm comes to any child as a result of their involvement in CCFC-funded programs.
As most of our support comes from individual sponsors, we closely monitor all communication between child sponsors and children. In fact, we never give out any child’s direct contact information. If a sponsor wants to visit their sponsored child, it is arranged entirely through our organization. Visits are supervised by our staff.
Please contact us if you have any questions.